Saturday, November 14, 2009

Notes


Every personal trainer should be able to name these basic bones of the human Skelton. Here is how I make it easier for me to memorize the many muscles and bones of the human Skelton.

The scapula, ribs, sternum, clavicle, mandible, cranium and skull are simple bones to remember.

One of the most difficult part to memorize is the pelvis area, which includes: the illum, sacrum, and pubis, so I try to make it a analogy. ISP. Idiot stupid people.

The Femur is the longest bone in the body and the patella is a simple translation for the knee.

For the wrist, I remember that the Ulna is in the inside and that the Radius is on the outside so I relate to UR. Or RU.

I group the Tarsal, Metatarsals, Phalanges with the carpals, metacarpals, and phalanges. They both contain both the prefix Meta, and both include phalanges on the lower part of the insertion. I try to remember that tarsals belong to the feet because Tarsals begins with a T and I connect the letter T with toes.

For the Fibula and tibia, I try to made connection with FT. Free throw so I know that the fibula is the outer part of the leg outside of the tibla.

Hopefully these tips will make it a easier time to memorize the bones and muscles of the human Skelton.

No comments:

Post a Comment