Friday, April 9, 2010

New Workouts



Blog Update 04.08.10

Recently, I have been adding more explosive movements to my workouts and one of the most effective and powerful tools I have been using is the Sledgehammer. There is no better feeling in the world than swinging a 16lbs sledgehammer into the ground on a hot spring day getting tan and getting that full body workout. Well it is a awesome workout and try it one day. Here is a sample article I read up on regarding using a sledgehammer:

Sledgehammer Workouts

These have gotta be some of the most rigorous workouts that exist. The word for the day ladies and gents, is Sledgehammer, and I'm not talking about the Peter Gabriel song from the 80's (damn, I really liked that song). These are videos of sledgehammer workouts. The average sledge hammers are usually about 10 pounds or 20 pounds and have the ability to break an 8 inch concrete wall. Swinging a 20 pound sledgehammer one time can be a challenge, now try doing it for 10 set of 10 reps. Now that's a back and shoulder workout if I have ever heard of one. There are also so many other muscle groups that get involved with the swing of a sledgehammer, for example, chest, lower back, legs, core and arms just to name a few. Enjoy these videos, work hard or don't work at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment